Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tabouli Salad

Where are all of my tabouli lovers at?! I fell in love with tabouli salad a few months ago and I can't get enough! It usually consists of parsley, tomatoes, onions, bulgur, garlic and a few seasoning additions. I buy it all of the time, so I figured why not make it?

I did make a few changes to the "classic" recipe, just to experiment a bit. Tabouli typically uses olive oil, which I did without, and I used quinoa because I couldn't find bulgur at my local supermarket. Either one will work! It is very refreshing and pairs well with numerous different food items! I've tried it on pizza, on toast, with chips, with scrambled eggs, in a grilled cheese sandwich...much more too!



Tabouli Salad
Serves 6-8

1 medium tomato, diced
2 bunches(about 2 cups) of parsley, finely chopped
1 cup quinoa
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
lemon juice of 1 lemon
salt&pepper to taste



Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Cool completely. Place chopped veggies in a medium bowl, add cooled quinoa. Squeeze lemon juice over everything cut side up to prevent the seeds from dropping into the salad. Stir everything together and add salt and pepper to your liking. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.

And since my boyfriend is not a huge veggie lover like I am, this whole bowl is mine. Is it so wrong to make something purposely because you know your significant other won't eat it?!






No comments :

Post a Comment