Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

French Bread Pizza

I was addicted The French Bread Pizza a few months ago. Either I never got over my addiction, or I am hooked again after having these pizzas the other night. I prefer bread with my pasta, or pasta with my bread...you get the picture! I LOVE carbs! This type of pizza is usually made with a nice thick bread, like Italian bread. So why not Italian Bread Pizzas?! That I do not know. I wonder the same thing! 

Anywho, I love the yummy thick, toasted bread. I'm sure many other different bakery breads would work, but like I said before, I like the thickness. The pizza below has bacon for a topping. It has NOT been baked yet.  Yummmmm!!

French Bread Pizza
Makes 2 pizzas

1 loaf Italian Bread
About 1 cup pizza sauce(I used Muir Glen Organic)
Your favorite pizza toppings
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
I like to sprinkle mine with dried oregano as well

*I use my toaster oven when making these* I preheat my oven to 450 degrees. Split the Italian bread in half lengthwise preferably with a serrated knife. Spread 1/2 of sauce onto each bread half. Top with toppings and then cheese. Sprinkle with oregano. Bake about 7-10 minutes. The bread will be nice and crispy and the cheese will be all melted.

Fresh out of the oven.

I prefer mine veggie(tomatoes, onion, garlic) and I don't always need the cheese. No cheese you say?! Try sans cheese on this pizza and tell me what you think! (:



No comments :

Post a Comment