Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Dog Days

The dog days of summer are upon us. I've been trying to spend as much time outside as possible! Today is around 100 degrees, but there is a nice breeze. Yesterday my parents, sister, and I went to Boothbay Harbor. Yes, in Maine. It is ALWAYS a fun time visiting that area! So many shops and of course it is right by the ocean. If you are ever in the area, I suggest you check it out! The ride up is wonderful as well because there are different shops you can stop at and buy homemade furniture, different items for the garden, lobster traps, the list goes on. So we stayed at Boothbay Harbor for probably about 4 hours easily. The time flies because there is so much to do, but we were definitely ready for the ride home.

We ate at Boat House Bistro. They have an array of sandwiches, salads, tapas, and of course seafood. My mom had a chicken caesar salad, my dad had beef sliders, my sister had a grilled cheese, and I had a Vegetable Griller which is a grilled veggie flatbread sandwich. All of our entrees came with waffle fries which were perfectly seasoned and delicious! They have two different levels in which customers can eat. We ate at the very top deck which is up three flights of stairs. Well worth it though! There is a beautiful view of all the boats in the water.
So while my sandwich is facing the wrong way for you to see the goodness inside, I can tell you that it had grilled squash, asparagus, and zucchini. It usually comes with tomato and herb mayonnaise, as well as Manchego cheese. I wasn't feeling the extras though, so I stuck with just the trio of veggies. Still delicious! And the waffle fries, oh man! I was full after the sandwich, but just couldn't waste the fries! I will be going back before the summer is over.

I really couldn't see myself sweating over a hot stove today, so I had another sandwich day. This time italians. The basic turkey and cheese for my boyfriend, but for me...I like to spice things up a bit.
Turkey, tomatoes, onions,tabouli(click for recipe), and pickles. That is MY kinda sandwich right there! I could have made it veggie only, but I added a thin layer of turkey just because I had it on hand. 
Tadaaaa!

No comments :

Post a Comment