Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I'm baaaaack! Although I wish I were still on vacation. I came back just in time for MORE RAIN! I had such a great time, though. I even lit off fireworks! With the supervision of experienced people of course. We hiked for about 3 hours, ending at a beautiful waterfall.
We went up a little further to the next watering hole where we could just walk into the water. The water was meh 50 degrees. Let me type that again, 50 DEGREES!! We went into that water up to our necks, some dunked their heads in. Literally takes your breath away for a few seconds. It was SO worth it! The experience of it all was just phenomenal.

I'm back home, but my mind is not. We had so many dessert options! Our appetizers were desserts. Then we would have a meal and finish with, what else, dessert. I don't think there is anything wrong with that! Well, I ate breakfast this morning and cookies crossed my mind. I went straight into deep thought, tapping into my inner sweet tooth to figure out what kind of cookie I wanted. That's it!

Peanut. Butter. Cups. So ladies and gentlemen, without further a due. I give you... 

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
I made about 21 cookies

1 box yellow cake mix 
*Note: I use Pillsbury cake mix-the pudding in the mix tends to make a softer cookie
1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg
25 Miniature Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, chopped into chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients into a large for about 2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter cup chunks. Roll into balls, mine were about 1 1/2 to 2 inch. Drop onto nonstick cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 to 11 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet after 2 minutes.


Yup. There it is folks. It is a nice buttery cookie and then the peanut butter cups are added. I just can't stop eating them. 

Stare into the cookie. Be mesmerized by the cookie. You get the picture. Just try these little sweeties!







No comments :

Post a Comment