Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Butterfinger Cookies/Whoopie Pies

Today I leave for my weekend camping trip and I am SUPER excited!! I wanted to leave you all with one more recipe before I disappear for the weekend.

I absolutely LOVE butterfingers. And the fact that butterfingers are included in these cookies is definitely a reason for celebration! They have a nice crunch factor to them and the cookies themselves are not overly sweet. They do become very rich when turned into whoopie pies due to the peanut butter filling, but don't let that scare you! I get requests from my sister to make them all the time. Definitely worth giving them a try and very easy to make! I do simplify the recipe by making the frosting with store bought frosting and peanut butter only. Sometimes I add in some vanilla as well. And since I am bringing the cookies to camp(four hours away), I won't have to worry about keeping the frosting cold the whole ride there.
(Click HERE for original recipe!)
Just the cookies.


Butterfinger Cookies/Whoopie Pies
Makes about 20-24 whoopie pies

1 box white cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg
6 snack sized Butterfingers, chopped

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and with a mixer, mix for about 2 minutes. Will be crumbly at first. Just keep mixing! I greased my pan to be on the safe side, but if your pan is non-stick, there should be no worries. Roll dough into about 1 inch balls and place on pan. Bake 9-10 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a couple of minutes and remove to completely cool.

Peanut butter frosting for whoopie pies
1 can of vanilla frosting
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla, optional
4 snack sized Butterfingers

Mix all of the ingredients together and stuff between 2 cooled cookies.
*This is my frosting version, but if you would like the original version from Inside BruCrew Life click the link.*

Yummy Peanut Buttery-ness!!


Have a good weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment