Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Trifle

I am happy to report that the sun finally returned today. YAYYY! With that being said, my oven and stove top is off duty today. And so am I. I have been getting ready for my big weekend away from the city life. My uncle has a camp up North which means no cell phone, no work, and plenty of FUN! Until then, these next few days are going to be pretty chaotic so bear with me!

Whether you are going to a 4th of July celebration or are hosting one, I might have the perfect dessert dish for you! Delicious is an understatement for this dish. I made this for a summer party one year and literally not even a half hour after I served it, it was gone. Talk about success!


Peanut Butter Trifle

Chocolate cake, cooled (I used boxed Devil's Food cake)
1 big box instant vanilla pudding (plus milk for pudding)
About 1/2 cup of peanut butter
(add a 1/4 cup more of peanut butter if you are a peanut butter lover like me!)
10 Reese's peanut butter cups, cut into quarters

Cut the chocolate cake into large chunks. You want to get at least 3 layers out of the cake. Prepare the vanilla pudding and with a whisk, mix peanut butter in with pudding until combined. In a trifle dish, or whatever you have on hand(Make sure the dish is tall), put a layer of chocolate cake into the bottom of the dish. Cover the cake with a big spoonful of peanut butter pudding. Sprinkle a few of the Reese's cups on top of the pudding. Repeat layers a couple more times. Now for the top layer, I crumbled the leftover cake and sprinkled it all over the peanut butter pudding and then topped it with the remaining peanut butter cups. Tadaaa!

Of course I MADE SURE I had at least one leftover peanut butter cup for myself, but this is completely up to you. The chef always tests the ingredients first, especially when making over the top dishes such as this one. I ensure you, sweet lovers everywhere will enjoy this!






No comments :

Post a Comment