Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Kitties, Cookies, and Cake!

I know what you're thinking, and I too am quite surprised he fit into the bathroom sink!
This is what I woke up to one morning when I walked into the bathroom. He likes to be left alone so he finds these peculiar places to sleep. Silly Kitty!

So, the past couple of days I've had this RAGING sweet tooth! What do I turn to when this happens?! Cookies!! Peanut butter cookies at that! I wanted to make cookies, but I wanted something quick. Of course, 1-2-3 Peanut Butter cookies. I have been making these cookies for years and they are so easy and delicious! They have a chewy consistency and are super rich and only have 3 ingredients!


1-2-3 Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 18 cookies

1 cup Peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything together in a bowl, sometimes I like to add 1 tsp. vanilla as well. It sometimes helps to chill the batter for about a half hour or so, especially when working in a warm environment so the cookies don't spread as much.  Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets, bake 10-12 minutes.
And voila!

If you're like me, you probably can't wait a couple of minutes for them to cool and just stuff them into your mouth like a crazy person and burn the roof of your mouth. Yeah, but so worth it.

And cake. My grandfather is turning 75! Just your basic yellow cake with buttercream frosting, but oh so yummy! Happy Birthday, Grampa!







No comments :

Post a Comment