Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Zucchini Bread

Hey all! I know it has been a while since I've updated you all with some delicious recipes, but on that note, I am enjoying Summer to the full extent! And frankly, I have been eating a lot of pizza. Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE pizza!! There are so many combinations, I just can't get enough!

So, onto zucchini bread. I received a big 'ol zucchini a few days ago and have been waiting for the perfect chance to make the delicious bread. My family loves it, my boyfriend loves it, and so do I! A regular at my work who was gracious enough to give me the green giant NEVER had zucchini bread before! I told him he was in for a treat! I searched around for a healthier version and found a great recipe from food.com. I have to give it a two thumbs up! This bread is fantastic and the person I gave it to loved it as well!

I wasn't kidding. Check this bad boy out! And I only used half for this recipe!

*I did make some changes after looking at the comments on the site and personal preference, so if you would like the original recipe, please refer to the website above.

Zucchini Bread
Makes 1 loaf

1 1/2 C. Flour
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
2 eggs
2 1/4 C. Zucchini (About 2 medium)
1/4 C. Oil
1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.  Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the dry with the wet ingredients. Add to a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray(or greased if you prefer). Bake 40-45 minutes, until a knife comes out clean when poked in the middle of bread. Let cool in pans for about 10 minutes.

I doubled it and made 2! The pan on the left is slightly larger than the pan on the right so the zucchini bread wasn't as thick, but it still tasted just as good!


**You can make zucchini bread using cake mix as well. I tried it out, but failed to take pictures. The recipe is from the Duncan Hines website. That one is a keeper as well!




No comments :

Post a Comment